The Association of American Railroads Affiliate program is available to non-Class I railroads, commuter railroads and railroads located outside of North America.
As a railroad affiliate, you will have a voice in the operations and the future of the freight and passenger rail industry. With public interest in rail transportation at an all-time high, both freight and passenger carriers will benefit from this program. AAR coordinates the industry’s implementation of Positive Train Control (PTC) technology and other important initiatives. As an affiliate, you’ll be on the front line of developing the strategy that will implement PTC and connect freight and passenger lines.
AAR’s affiliates are led by the Affiliate Executive Board (AEB). The AEB selects affiliate representatives to serve as voting members of select committees reporting to AAR’s Safety and Operations Management Committee.
- Access to resources on my.aar.org including:
- Digital edition of the AAR Member Directory publication
- Reports from committee representatives
- AAR statistical publications from the Policy & Economics department
- Archived webinar presentations and annual associates meeting materials
- Railroad affiliate logos for company use
- E-mail updates and the monthly newsletter, Rail News
- Invitations to railroad industry events, including the AAR Annual Associates Meeting
- Invitations to the exclusive AAR webinar series
- Discounted rates on AAR and TTCI technical publications
- Subscription to Rail Time Indicators
- Subscription to TTCI Technology Digests
- Discounted rates at select industry conferences
- Company listings on the AAR website and in the AAR Member Directory
- Participation in the Positive Train Control (PTC) Policy Committee
- Participation in the Railroad Security Working Committee (North American Railroads only)
- Eligibility to serve on AAR’s Affiliate Executive Board (AEB)
- Eligibility to serve in voting seats on select AAR committees
- Participation in ALL TEN concentration areas
Railroad affiliates based in North America pay an annual assessment based on revenues in accordance with the below schedule. Non-North American railroads pay a flat fee of $20,000. Contributions or gifts to AAR are not deductible as charitable contributions; however, they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Below is the gross annual revenue for freight and passenger carrier.
|Up to $10 Million||$5,000||$2,500|
|$10 Million – $50 Million||$20,000||$10,000|
|$50 Million – $90 Million||$35,000||$17,500|
|$90 Million – $150 Million||$50,000||$25,000|
|More Than $150 Million||$100,000||$50,000|