The Association of American Railroads Affiliate program is available to non-Class I railroads, commuter railroads and railroads located outside of North America.
As a railroad affiliate, you will have a voice in the operations and the future of the freight and passenger rail industry. With public interest in rail transportation at an all-time high, both freight and passenger carriers will benefit from this program.
AAR coordinates the industry’s implementation of Positive Train Control (PTC) technology and other important initiatives. As an affiliate, you’ll be on the front line of developing the strategy that will implement PTC and connect freight and passenger lines.
AAR’s affiliates are led by the Affiliate Executive Board (AEB). The AEB selects affiliate representatives to serve as voting members of select committees reporting to AAR’s Safety and Operations Management Committee.
- Participation in all concentration areas, including exclusive newsletters, updates/minutes from relevant committee meetings/briefings.
- Subscription to Rail Time Indicators reports.
- Eligibility to serve on the AEB and as full voting members on select AAR committees.
- Invitations to exclusive industry events to network with AAR members and industry leaders.
- Invitation to AAR’s annual Associate and Affiliate member meeting.
- Subscriptions to AAR’s electronic newsletter Rail News and the TTCI Technical Digest.
- Participation in Railroad Day on Capitol Hill to support the industry’s legislative agenda.
- Discounted rates at key industry conferences.
- Listing of your railroad on AAR’s website and access to the members’ area, which contains exclusive updates for members and digital AAR publications.
- Special, discounted rates on all AAR and Transportation Technology Center, Inc. (TTCI) publications.
- Use of the AAR railroad affiliate logo for promotional material and on your website.
Railroad affiliates based in North America pay an annual assessment based on revenues in accordance with the below schedule. Non-North American railroads pay a flat fee of $20,000. Contributions or gifts to AAR are not deductible as charitable contributions; however, they may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Below is the gross annual revenue for freight and passenger carrier.
|Up to $10 Million||$5,000||$2,500|
|$10 Million – $50 Million||$20,000||$10,000|
|$50 Million – $90 Million||$35,000||$17,500|
|$90 Million – $150 Million||$50,000||$25,000|
|More Than $150 Million||$100,000||$50,000|